This week’s optimistic environmental news:
- Wind and solar make more electricity than nuclear for first time in UK – In 2017 Britain’s greenhouse gas emissions also fell 3% as coal use dropped and renewables climbed
- SoftBank and Saudi Arabia are creating world’s biggest solar power generation project – The endeavor was estimated to cost $200 billion through 2030 to build out all 200 gigawatts of the project.
- Study: wind and solar can power most of the United States – Wind, solar, and storage could meet 90–100% of America’s electricity needs
- UK Government announces £48 million for cleaner, greener buses – New Ultra-Low Emission Bus Scheme to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- China reports meeting its 2020 carbon intensity goals three years early – China’s carbon intensity, as measured by the amount of carbon dioxide produced per unit of economic growth, has decreased by 46 percent since 2005.
- The Supreme Court is Wrong. Take Action. - July 2, 2022
- COVID-19 is a Wake-Up Call for Humanity - March 21, 2020
- Solar Panels on a Landfill: New York’s Newest Solar Farm Goes Live - July 2, 2018